- Sector: Mobility & Masterplanning
- Client: DTZ Investors
- Location: Bath, Somerset
- Construction Cost: Undisclosed
- Status: Ongoing
Bath Podium is a 1960s concrete frame multistorey car park located within the UNESCO World Heritage site of Bath. It is next to the River Avon adjacent to the Pulteney Bridge and provides parking to Waitrose, the Public Library and the Hilton Hotel.
The car park and public realm are refurbished and restored to prolong the life of the building by a further 25 years with a light touch set of interventions including extensive concrete repairs and coatings, and new building services.
Previously an open sided building with unhindered access, the building will now be secured by fast speed vehicle shutters, a stainless steel mesh infill to all elevation openings and two brand new pedestrian-controlled entrance enclosures at pavement level. There are now more Blue Badge Holder spaces, with a clear wayfinding strategy to help visitors find their way around a 520 space facility right in the centre of the city.
- 212 new solar panels providing 75.6 kwP of energy equivalent to 75.6 kWh working at peak power. This will provide sufficient renewable energy to light the car park & Public Library.
- 6 new electric vehicle charging points
- New electric shunt fans
- New LED low energy lighting