Coombe Hill School
- Sector: Community & Education
- Client: Coombe Hill Primary and Junior Schools
- Location: Kingston Upon Thames
- Construction Cost: Phase 1 - £156,000 - Phase 2 - £115,000
- Size: Phase 1 – 165m2- Phase 2 – 185m2
- Status: Completed 2009
As part of a two year phased expansion programme, we created a number of new additions to Coombe Hill Infant School in Kingston upon Thames. These included a music classroom, a Special Educational Needs room, staff room and a new extension to the front of house entrance, as well as improved access to the playground. In addition, the Local Authority commissioned us to carry out a whole site feasibility study to include both the Junior and Infant Schools, the aim of which was to establish whether the school’s building and site requirements could better cater for larger numbers of pupils.
The buildings achieved sustainable standards with-
- Improved fabric U values achieving 0.12 to new extension.
- Natural ventilation
- Natural light
- Air tightness
- Timber framed structure and oak cladding sourced from Vastern Timber in Wootten Bassett.