Rose Lane MSCP
- Sector: Mobility & Masterplanning
- Client: Huber Car Park Systems GmbH for Norwich City Council
- Location: Norwich, Norfolk
- Construction Cost: Undisclosed
- Size: 1810sqm / 595 Spaces
- Status: Completed 2016
Formally a dilapidated fish market, the site at Rose Lane is now occupied by a state of the art, system built multistorey car park. Arranged over five levels with offices, toilets, 24/7 management facilities and customer centre, the facility offers secure cycle storage, a pocket park and a community café. The silver perforated façade is designed in an abstract pattern to minimise light spillage but maximise natural ventilation and is fixed as a series of panels, covering the steel frame. Our service included extensive public consultation and representation to the County Council together with an urban design proposal for the Mountergate City area of Norwich.