- Sector: Residential & Interiors
- Client: Private
- Location: Kingston upon Thames
- Construction Cost: Undisclosed
- Status: Completed, June 2013
This 1930s brick detached four bedroom property is adjacent to the Coombe Wood golf course in Kingston-upon-Thames. Our brief was to design a basement with flexible living spaces to accommodate guests and a wine cellar. During the design development the extension grew to incorporate a larger master suite as well.
We reconfigured the ground floor around the new staircase and lightwell, with sliding walls and vaulted ceilings to help flexibly zone the space.
- The design included a technically detailed waterproof concrete with highly insulated Foamglas walls wrapped externally. This delivers a U-value that is well in excess of current UK Building Regulations.